In the education policy 1972-80 under the head “Technical Education” some of the polytechnics were converted into colleges of technology to offer B.Tech Program. GCT, Faisalabad was one of them. Keeping in view the market demand, GCT, Faisalabad implemented B.Sc. Electrical Engineering Technology program, offered by UET Lahore, in 2011.
Facilitating a learning environment equipped with ethical norms to produce highly competent, innovative, and creative Electrical Engineering Technologists to meet the challenges of future.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
- The graduates will have comprehensive knowledge in Electrical Engineering Technology and possess technical skills necessary to meet local and global industry.
- The graduates will serve community and their profession with integrity, responsibility and moral code considering social, national, and international concerns.
- The graduates will be able to work in diverse environments and adapt new skills.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES (PLOs)
- Engineering Technology Knowledge: An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, natural science, technology fundamentals and technology specialization to defined and applied technology procedures, processes, systems, or methodologies.
- Problem Analysis: An ability to Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze broadly defined technology problems reaching substantiated conclusions using analytical tools appropriate to the discipline or area of specialization.
- Design/Development of Solutions: An ability to design solutions for broadly defined technology problems and contribute to the design of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Investigation: An ability to conduct investigations of broadly-defined problems; locate, search and select relevant data from codes, data bases and literature, design and conduct experiments to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage: An ability to create, Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern technology and IT tools, including prediction and modelling, to broadly defined technology problems, with an understanding of the limitations.
- Engineering Technologist and Society: An ability to demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues, and the consequent responsibilities relevant to technology practice and solutions to broadly defined technology problems.
- Environment and Sustainability: An ability to understand and evaluate the sustainability and impact of technology work in the solution of broadly defined technology problems in societal and environmental contexts.
- Ethics: Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms
of technology practice
- Individual and Teamwork: An ability to Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams.
- Communication: An ability to communicate effectively on broadly defined technology activities with the technologist community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management: An ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of technology management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member or leader in a team and to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- Lifelong Learning: ability to recognize the need for and have the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in specialist technologies.
The following students are eligible for admission in B.Sc. Electrical Engineering Technology Program.
- 3-Years D.A.E In.
- Electrical Technology
- Electronics Technology
- Instrumentation Technology
- Telecommunication Technology
- Automation Technology
- Information Technology
- Avionics Technology
- Radar Technology
- Radio Technology
- Precision Mechanical & Instrument Technology
- Instrumentation & Process control Technology
- F.Sc (Pre-Engineering)
Candidate should have obtained at least 60% Marks in D.A.E/F.Sc. (Pre-Engineering).
Candidate should have appeared in the entry test for B.Sc. Electrical Engineering Technology Program conducted by UET, Lahore.
- An application for admission must be filled in candidates own handwriting in the prescribed forms and should be submitted complete in all respects and duly signed by the authorities and persons mentioned therein. The application should be accompanied with attested copies of certificates and the diploma issued by the board.
- Incomplete application forms will not be considered. The last date for receipt of applications in the office of principal, Govt. College of Technology samanabad, Faisalabad, is duly notified in the press examination. For admission to B.Sc. Engineering Technology course, the candidates having Hafiz-e-Quran certificate would get the benefit of additional 20 marks.
- At the time of interview candidates are required to bring original certificates/ documents. Finally selected candidates will have to deposit their dues on the same day. The offer for admission will be cancelled in case the candidate fails to deposit his admission dues on the same day and seats vacated will be offered to candidates next on the merit.
- If any document or certificate found to be fake or character changed or any relevant fact cancelled, the right of admission of the candidate will be cancelled.
- In case a candidate who has been admitted to a course fails to attend the class within seven day of commencement of class without prior permission, his seat will be cancelled and will be offered to the next candidate on merit.
Merit Calculation Criteria for selection of students
Formula: 70% of F.Sc / DAE Marks + 30% of UET Entry Test Marks
Instructions to apply for admission
Admission form (F-l) should be filled in completely in candidate’s own handwriting and attach three latest passport size photographs (duly attested) which is pasted on the left top corner of form. Following should be attached with the admission form F-l in the order as listed below and should be submitted in prescribed file cover.
- Attested copies of Matriculation Certificate. =3 Nos
- Attested copies of Diploma of Associate Engineer. =4 Nos
- Attested copies of Domicile Certificate =3 Nos
- Attested copies of Hafiz-e-Quran Certificate =3 Nos
- Attested copies of U.E.T Entry Test Result =4 Nos
- In-service candidates seeking admission must attach a “No objection certificate (N.O.C.) F-4″ from the competent authority with application.
- Study leave certificate if selected (see sample on from F-6)
- Affidavit from non-serving candidates on a judicial paper of Rs. 50/= (see sample on from F-5)
- Medical fitness certificate on form F-3 be required only from the candidates who have been selected for admission at the time of interview. Selected for admission at the time interview.
- 4 self-addressed envelopes (10x25cm) 2 should be affixed with postal stamps of Rs.40/- other with Rs. 10/-
- National identity card of father and candidate (three tested copies of each)
Provisional certificate issued by the college is not sufficient for admission. Candidate must provide Original diploma D.A.E/ F.Sc (pre engg) issued by the relevant Board at the time of interview Admission will be provisional subject to registration by U.E.T. Lahore.
Engr. Muhammad Ali
Engr. Noor Muhammad
B.Sc. Electronics & Communication Engineering
Engr. Zohaib Chudhary
M.Sc. Electrical Engineering
Engr. Muhammad Asad
B.Sc. Electrical Engineering
Engr. Rizwwan Sajid
B.Sc. Engineering (Electronics & Communication )
Engr. Abdul Rehman
Engr. Bilal Hussain
M.Sc. Electrical Engineering
Engr. Arslan Hafeez
B.Sc. Electrical Engineering
Dr. Muhammad Ajmal
Mr. Asim Salam
M.S Computer Sciences
University of agriculture Faisalabad.
Engr. Wasif Ali
B.Sc. Engineering (Mechanical)