In the education policy 1972-80 under the head “Technical Education” some of the polytechnics were converted into colleges of technology to offer B.Tech Program. GCT, Faisalabad was one of them. Keeping in view the market demand, GCT, Faisalabad implemented B.Sc. Electrical Engineering Technology program, offered by UET Lahore, in 2011.
The purpose of running degree level course in technology is to produce field technologists who are probated and motivated to learn the techniques of planning, designing, manufacturing, inspecting, installing, maintaining and supervising industrial plants/projects. Students receive technical education in their field of specialization with re-enforcement in scientific and mathematical background. In this way they prepare themselves to accept the challenges for working collectively in managerial and supervisory positions in industries.
The following students are eligible for admission in B.Sc. Electrical Engineering Technology Program.
- 3-Years D.A.E In.
- Electrical Technology
- Electronics Technology
- Instrumentation Technology
- Telecommunication Technology
- Automation Technology
- Information Technology
- Avionics Technology
- Radar Technology
- Radio Technology
- Precision Mechanical & Instrument Technology
- Instrumentation & Process control Technology
- F.Sc (Pre-Engineering)
Candidate should have obtained at least 60% Marks in D.A.E/F.Sc. (Pre-Engineering).
Candidate should have appeared in the entry test for B.Sc. Electrical Engineering Technology Program conducted by UET, Lahore.
- An application for admission must be filled in candidates own handwriting in the prescribed forms and should be submitted complete in all respects and duly signed by the authorities and persons mentioned therein. The application should be accompanied with attested copies of certificates and the diploma issued by the board.
- Incomplete application forms will not be considered. The last date for receipt of applications in the office of principal, Govt. College of Technology samanabad, Faisalabad, is duly notified in the press examination. For admission to B.Sc. Engineering Technology course, the candidates having Hafiz-e-Quran certificate would get the benefit of additional 20 marks.
- At the time of interview candidates are required to bring original certificates/ documents. Finally selected candidates will have to deposit their dues on the same day. The offer for admission will be cancelled in case the candidate fails to deposit his admission dues on the same day and seats vacated will be offered to candidates next on the merit.
- If any document or certificate found to be fake or character changed or any relevant fact cancelled, the right of admission of the candidate will be cancelled.
- In case a candidate who has been admitted to a course fails to attend the class within seven day of commencement of class without prior permission, his seat will be cancelled and will be offered to the next candidate on merit.
Merit Calculation Criteria for selection of students
Formula: 70% of F.Sc / DAE Marks + 30% of UET Entry Test Marks
Instructions to apply for admission
Admission form (F-l) should be filled in completely in candidate’s own handwriting and attach three latest passport size photographs (duly attested) which is pasted on the left top corner of form. Following should be attached with the admission form F-l in the order as listed below and should be submitted in prescribed file cover.
- Attested copies of Matriculation Certificate. =3 Nos
- Attested copies of Diploma of Associate Engineer. =4 Nos
- Attested copies of Domicile Certificate =3 Nos
- Attested copies of Hafiz-e-Quran Certificate =3 Nos
- Attested copies of U.E.T Entry Test Result =4 Nos
- In-service candidates seeking admission must attach a “No objection certificate (N.O.C.) F-4″ from the competent authority with application.
- Study leave certificate if selected (see sample on from F-6)
- Affidavit from non-serving candidates on a judicial paper of Rs. 50/= (see sample on from F-5)
- Medical fitness certificate on form F-3 be required only from the candidates who have been selected for admission at the time of interview. Selected for admission at the time interview.
- 4 self-addressed envelopes (10x25cm) 2 should be affixed with postal stamps of Rs.40/- other with Rs. 10/-
- National identity card of father and candidate (three tested copies of each)
Provisional certificate issued by the college is not sufficient for admission. Candidate must provide Original diploma D.A.E/ F.Sc (pre engg) issued by the relevant Board at the time of interview Admission will be provisional subject to registration by U.E.T. Lahore.