Fashion is the prevailing custom in dress, manners, speech etc. of a particular place and time, as established by the dominant society. Fashion is a means to look different in an indifferent world: so is the case with the students. They are trying to catch up with the dominant section of their society-to look up to date and modern i.e. successful.
There is a maddening race regarding fashion, everyone wants to look different. Society has a huge role to play in it. Whenever the two people meet, they talk about everything that is new and that can be embraced. They do their best to copy the clothing of the rich. They also imitate the manners of greeting, meeting, chatting, eating, sleeping, joking, etc. in their daily routines. Now the fashion has also included the show off, to buy the most expensive thing that others cannot.
Everything all around us has something of the ‘vogue’. This, craze, has shifted on the students like other members of the society.
What is Fashion?
- Fashion is a popular style, especially in clothing, footwear, lifestyle, accessories, makeup, hairstyle and body
- In the manner of something specified.
- In style associated with a specified place a popular or the latest style of clothing, hair etc.
- A manner of doing something.
What is Trend?
- A general direction in which something is developing or changing (of a topic) be the subject of many posts on a social media, websites or applications within a short period.
What is Style?
- A particular procedure by which something is done; a manner or a way.
- A distinctive appearance, typically determined by the principles according to which something is designed.
- The way of carrying fashion.
Modules of Fashion Designing
In First Module you learn the basic concepts of designing, introduction to various parts of the sewing machine, different types of tools used for designing, how to cut pattern on paper, elements of fashion, the fashion cycle, elements of basic stitches & techniques of surfaces designing on fabrics.
In Second module start with the psychology of colors. Further you learn principles of design, exploring the history of various costumes in different part of the world. It also cover different types of sleeves, collar, pockets, plackets, necklines, pleats & tucks.
In Third module you learn step by step procedure in a garments industry. By the end of this course you will be capable of designing and executing your own designs.